Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Tagging; oh, go on then...Marching On Together!


Ok, so at first glance this whole tagging thing seemed like one of those godawful chain emails one recieved promising untold riches should you foreard it to a billion people withinhalf an hour of recieving it, but once I had read AJ's frankly excellent effort and AEB, I figured the least I could do to is participate; a sort of 'Get to know your friendly Blogger' excercise.

Basically, the rules are thus:

1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

My blog links are not random; that would probably result in a waste of time. I have chosen ones I think you will enjoy if you're here, reading TGS. Anyways, onward and upward:


1. Apart from Food & Beer, Leeds United are a passion of mine. I have a special Leeds United Mug (pictured) that only I can use. No-one else must even look at it. This may sound strange, but I think most males do something like this in thier lifetime. Over the years many of my possessions have been adorned with that badge, and many are treated with grail-like reverence. The same rules also apply to my Sabatier Knives.
2. More obsessive behaviour; If I have a beer at home that i have not had before, the cap is
kept. I have about 70 or so caps. I dont know why I do this, as i dont look at them again; they just lie around in a big tub.
3. I also write fiction in my spare time, and have enjoyed some small-scale publishing success. My favourite writers are Henry Miller, Hunter Thompson, Charles Bukowski, and Cormac McCarthy. At the moment, I am reading 'True Tales of American Life' by Paul Auster.
4. My Foodwriting Hero is Anthony Bourdain.
5. I worked in my Grandfather's Butchers' as a teen, and learned a lot about food, meat and 'locally sourced produce' before that phrase was even coined. I learned one main thing; Family and Friendship should always be based around eating together.
6. I play Bass guitar; I listen mostly to Americana and Alt.Country music, and at the moment I am enjoying Iron & Wine, Mark Kozelek, American Music Club, Lambchop, The National and Richmond Fontaine, to name a few.
7. As a result of my obsession with Beer, my long-suffering partner not only has more beer knowledge than your average twenty-something girl, but knows what to look for, how to buy, and the brewing process. She can name a brewery at 20 paces from a pump-clip. She will make suggestions for my beer-cellar, and I trust her completely to pick up beers for me if am not able to. She can even do a pretty good job of detecting aromas when sniffing beer. In many ways she is the perfect beer-pursuing partner - and the irony is this: she can't stand the stuff. A Kriek, maybe, in the summer, but that's it.

There you go. Not as insightful as AJ's, but now you know a little more.


My "7 Blogs You Should Totally Check Out":


5. Toothpaste for Dinner (not food/beer based but excellent)

- Excellent blogs, every one of them. Enjoy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did try and think about seven interesting facts about myself and had to give up after failing to find any more than 3

I once crashed my bike and ended up up a tree with the bike on me.

I broke a girls collar bone once whilst attempting to chat her up.

I have an unhealthy obsession with growing tomatoes and last year I grew some black ones!

I'm a pretty boring chap really.

Leigh said...

black toms? was this intentional or an accident - did you eat them? I grew mine in a hanging basket this year - pretty successful, actually...

Anonymous said...

They're a heirloom variety called "Black Krim" that apparently comes from the Crimea.

Taste wise they were better than shop bought "Beefies" and had a pleasant flavour. However, I grew them next to Sungold and everything pales into insignificance when compared to them! The only tomato I have grown so far that even comes close is Sweet Million which is an exceptionally sweet dwarf bush tomato that almost has a strawberry taste to them. Apparently they can be grown in hanging baskets too.

Anonymous said...

Seriously I take it you're not a tomato fan then?

Anonymous said...

Well written article.