Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Acorn's Old Moor Porter


I'd never tried Old Moor Porter (4.4%abv) in a bottle before, but cracked one open last night as the fancy for something moreish caught me - maybe I was suffering from some kind of withdrawal for the dark - as I've been supping Pales pretty much exclusively recently.


As to be expected from Acorn, it's an effortlessly classy pint, smooth as hell and with a hint of smoke on the nose. The body has a little more depth, where the usual hints of chocolate and coffee come through, and then finishes dry, with that familiar bite at the end. But it's all very balanced, and very understated. There's nothing loud about this porter at all, but that's not a bad thing. It's a great pint, and I should have really tried this award-winner at home before now.

1 comment:

rich (them apples) said...

I had this the other week. Its a good beer, quite understated and mellow for a porter, I thought.

Very enjoyable.