God - i tell ya - Broadband, although usually very good at keeping us all hooked up and sharing our secrets, has not been my friend this past month. Apologies to all those who come by here regulary - i'm not ignoring you. An upcoming upgrade of the entire 'The Good Stuff' office should mean Autumn goes a bit smoother!
I'm glad Rick Stein has been championing Greek Food in his latest series. As you know, i am a huge fan of Greece and its food, which, in my humble opinion, doesn't get enough credit. So here i a quick recipe for a greek - inspired pasta. Make sure you use fresh anchovies - plump and white/silver, as opposed to those brown, salty things you get in jars. Costa's Greek Deli in Kirkgate Market does great cretan ones.
Anchovy & Feta Spaghetti
You will need;
1 Tomato - large and ripe.
50g Feta Cheese
2 cloves of Garlic
Spaghetti or Tagliatelli
Ground black pepper
1. Cook your pasta!
2. At the same time - chop your garlic and your tomato. If you want to take the skin off, fine - i don't, personally.
3. In a heavy - bottomed pan, lightly simmer the chopped tomato and the garlic until broke down and a sauce has formed.
4. Add the Anchovies, chopped however you want them.
5. Season the sauce - but don't add salt, the fish will have enough.
6. Toss in your cooked pasta, coat, and serve topped with cubes of feta cheese.
There you go - easy. Serve with a glass of dry white wine.